We’ve been working on improving Wiggio and are please to tell you we will be releasing the next version of our product in the coming days between August 8-11. Some of these improvements include:
- A New Look – We’ve redesigned some parts of Wiggio to make it simpler. You’ll now see that when you go to start a conversation, you can add Files, Links, Meetings, To-Do Lists, Polls, Messages, and Events right from the main post form.
- Drag and Drop – You can now drag people from your Contacts list into groups and conversations on the feed. You can also upload new content by dragging it into Wiggio from your desktop.
- Folder Functionality – The Folder has become more user-friendly. You can now upload files directly from your Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, Facebook, and more. You can also create subfolders and download all the content from a folder at once.
- Enhanced Messaging – When sending a message to your group, you can now set the specific format of the message (text or video message) and see how each participant will receive the message based on his/her settings.
This new release will also address several issues reported by users including:
1. Inability for users to post Chinese, Cyrillic, Polish, Danish characters etc.
Currently, when users try to email a group or post a message on the feed using characters other than English, those characters do not input properly in the Wiggio feed. These characters either do not work or are display incorrectly.
FIXED – With the new release, these characters will display properly in the Wiggio feed.
2. Inability to edit the content of a post.
On the current version, when users have posted a message to the feed or an optional comment, they can only edit the subject of the message, not the actual message itself.
FIXED – With the new release, users can edit both the message and the subject.
3. When uploading a file and including an optional message, that message disappears when the file and message is posted.
In this scenario with the current version, only the attach file shows up on the feed and the emails to group members are blank with only the link to the file.
FIXED – With the new release, optional messages will be included when added during the file upload process.
4. Multiple group categorization requests for group owners.
Currently when some group owners enter a group after closing Wiggio and coming back a pop-up appears asking the user to categorize the group, even when this has already been completed. This can happen multiple times for the same group.
FIXED – With the new version this won’t happen anymore. Users will only be asked to categorize their group once.
5. Inability to bulk download and/or delete folders and/or files in a Wiggio group.
Currently users can only delete and/or download files and/or folders one at a time.
FIXED – With the new release, users will be able to select all or multiple folders/files in their Wiggio “Folder” tab and download/delete them all at once
Check it out!
If you’d like to get a sneak peek at what’s coming, we’ve added tutorials for the new version on our YouTube channel. We’ve also updated the documentation in our knowledge base if you’re looking for step-by-step, “how-to” information on using the new version.
We hope you’ll enjoy using the new version of Wiggio!
The Wiggio Team